What is Payyannur Pavithra Ring14/07/2019
What is Allahabadi Surkha?14/07/2019
What is Aranmula Kannadi?
- Basically it’s a Handmade Mirror.
- Kannadi Means Mirror in Malayalam Language (South Indian Language).
- It’s a Metal –Alloy Mirror unlike the normal “Silvered Glass” mirrors.
- What types of Alloy are Used in Aranmula Mirror is a Vishwakarma Family Secret.
- According to Metallurgists Research it’s a Alloy of Copper and Tin.
- This Aranmula Mirror Received Geographical Indication (GI Tag) in 2004-2005.
Where Aranamula Kannadi Made?
- Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple, Kerala, India is the Origins of the Arnamuka Kannadi.
- Pathanamthitta, a Small town of Kerala (Southern States of India) is Manufacturing Hub of Arnamula Mirrors.
- This Special Types Mirrors are Prduced by One Extended family in Arnamula.
- Centuries ago, According to legends Research From Tirunelveli Districts of Kerala, The Royal Chief brought 8 families ( who was experts in Temple Arts and Crafts) to work on the mirror in the Parthasarathy Temple.
Why Aranmula Kannadi Popular?
- To acheve the mirror’s reflective Surface this mirrors polished for several days.
- Aranmula Kannadi Mirrors are the result of Kerala’s rich Cultural and Metallurgical Traditions.
- They are considered to one of eight Auspicious Items (Asthamangalyam) that Play a role in the entry of the bride at a wedding venue.
- They have great cultural and historical value and are thought to bring good luck.
- The British Museum in London has an One 45 Cm Tall Aranmula Mirror Collection.
- it is a metal-alloy mirror or first surface mirror or front surface reflection mirror, which eliminates secondary reflections and aberrations typical of back surface mirrors.